Author Topic: Traveling to OK  (Read 2388 times)


  • Guest
Traveling to OK
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »
I'm a non-CHL holder living in Texas and will be planning a trip to visit relatives in Oklahoma with my handguns to do some range shooting up there. I've googled around and I believe I can transport an unloaded handgun in my car. So I was planning on sticking all my handgun related stuff into my range bag including my unloaded (and no clip inserted) handgun and ammo and store it in the trunk. Does this sound alright to the experts out there?

And if for some reason I run into trouble is this sort of situation covered by Texas Law Shield?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »


  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 996
    • View Profile
Re: Traveling to OK
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »

Yes, a non-license holder must have their firearm locked away and unloaded. As long as you are lawfully carrying your firearm, we will be happy to cover you.

Thanks for the question. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »