Author Topic: Texas Gun Law Armed and Educated  (Read 6428 times)

EdO

Texas Gun Law Armed and Educated
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »
Highly recommend it.  A LOT in there that was not, and could not (time constraints), be included in the concealed carry class. Now to the real purpose of this post ....

There's a typo on page 130 in the "Practical Legal Tip: portion ... Not serious,  I just thought it was funny.

Goes like this ...

"There are plenty of clever signs and bumper stickers out there advocating the use of a firearm.  "Keep honking, I'm reloading,: and even "Trespassers Will Be Shot" are seen often on the bumpers of Texas cars and the fence posts of Texas homeowners.  But these signs, despite the chuckle they may eliciit from a passerby, are not a good idea.  Even if meant only to prompt a laugh, if you are forced to use your FOREARM (caps mine) to defend yourself and end up in court, you can bet that the prosecutor will bring these signs up to the jurry ......"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

CongoHarry

• View Profile
Re: Texas Gun Law Armed and Educated
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:25:59 AM »
Reminded me of a female agent I worked with some years back.  She posted a custom made wooden sign by the entrance to her office that read, "I have PMS and a gun.  Any questions?"  Fortunately for her, the Chief convinced her to get rid of it.  In the event of a line of duty shooting, an accountability review board would have had a field day with that in her background.  For the same reason, her male counterparts were directed to ditch the "I don't dial 911" posters.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:01:38 PM »
EdO,

Thanks for your feedback and enthusiastic review. We have addressed that typo to ensure it doesn’t appear in future printings of the book.

RJL63B

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 06:17:27 PM »
Extremely well written, recently took the CHL class and purchased a copy from the Instructor. The gun laws are always changing, hope to see "Volume 2" or some sort of updated editions in the futer. We already have loops, holes and hurdles in the law. A great guide and reference to keep up with the law, and help understand it. Just remember it is a "Referance" and you should consult legal advice from a Legal Professional. Reading this book did however do as it reads on the cover. I am more educated.

davidhunterlawfirm

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 07:32:30 AM »
In this, You can discover the answers to questions all gun owners should know, such as: "What should I do after I shoot someone," "Can I have a gun in my car while in a gun-free school zone," and "Can I get sued for shooting an intruder?" etc..