Author Topic: Texas CHLs in Other Reciprocating States, But . . .  (Read 6346 times)

Dude

Texas CHLs in Other Reciprocating States, But . . .
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:10:25 AM »
I've read that several other States recognize Texas CHLs, but might not always be 100% identical.  For example, I've read that Colorado accepts Texas CHLs, but the magazine capacity is limited to no more than 15 rounds.  This would be important for one of my hand guns.  I have also heard that some States might accept Texas CHLs, but not allow concealed carry with a round in the chamber.  My question is:  Is there any current "Go to List" for Texas CHLs to view these important  differences and details?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

EffOne

Re: Texas CHLs in Other Reciprocating States, But . . .
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »
Hello Dude,

I'm not a lawyer but to your question, I haven't heard of, or found any, "Go to List" I would regard as up-to-date and reliable from a legal protection perspective.

Prior to travel, may I suggest you perform an internet search similar to, "concealed carry law in..." whatever state(s) you plan to visit and read the statutes.  This would provide a great start and if the state-level laws reference special provisions may be allowed at the lower level, like county or city, then perform another search specific to those counties/cities to learn of any "local" special concealed provisions.

Just a thought...

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
Hey Dude,

For the most part, the firearms laws, and CHL laws in particular, are listed in detail on each state's state police or attorney general website. Looking at these will be the easiest way to find out other state's laws.

Thanks for the question. Hope that helps.

Roadster

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »
If you just Google Concealed Carry Laws, you will find a number of websites that have links to the laws in every state concerning concealed carry.

ceejmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 07:40:28 PM »
I personally use an app called CCW - Concealed Carry 50 States. It's pretty handy.

dhgrimes

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:14 PM »
I like www.handgun law.us