Author Topic: Theft of Firearm Question  (Read 1579 times)

JoshLed

Theft of Firearm Question
« on: June 04, 2015, 12:55:23 PM »
After searching and not  being able to find an answer, and Googlingmy life away I thought I'd ask. My home was robbed and everything was taken including 7 firearms, one of the girls was caught with one and after her interrogation stating who did it. One of the firearms was dropped off at an abondoned home by the person that stole it  as they called the detective and told him where it was at and that he dropped it off. Another police department took over the case and would not investigate any of the evidence or anything so charges were dropped. My question is...With the interrogation and dropping the gun off, isn't that enough evidence to convict them of charges? Any help is appreciated, Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Theft of Firearm Question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
JoshLed,

Iím sorry to hear that happened to you. With the information youíve given me, I cannot imagine why the police would decline to file charges. I would recommend that you call your District Attorney and tell them what is going on, and that you are unhappy there have been no charges filed. Often, the DAs office will kick the police into gear when the victim calls to complain about inaction. Letting them know that you intend to talk to your local news station will spur some action as well. Your local government DOES NOT want the news media to pick up a story like that.

JoshLed

Re: Theft of Firearm Question
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:16:23 PM »
Great idea..the bad thing is..that's not even half of it! It doesn't make sense to me at all. I really appreciate your help and I will do just as you suggested! Thanks a bunch