Author Topic: Threatened with CHL  (Read 1726 times)

Jake2015

Threatened with CHL
« on: June 19, 2015, 08:31:31 PM »
Not sure where I need to ask this and this might be a stupid question. I had a fellow employee pull out his CHL and threaten me with it. He pulled it out showed me and said "I just want you to know I have a CHL" into my knowledge have not done anything to him and am not sure what brought this on. Other than going to my employer whichninplan to do is there any recourse to him doing this? I'm not entirely sure he is stable enough to even have a gun after this. (I know it's not up to me to say that but it's how I feel) any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Threatened with CHL
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
Doesn't sound very good and I would certainly not consider this an option, but might be interesting to know what led up to this (i.e the other side of the story)

Jake2015

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 10:13:35 PM »
He heard a rumor which is exactly what it was I never said anything at all. He heard that I said something walked up to me pulled out his CHL license not gun just to be clear and said exactly what I said above. "Just to let you know I have a CHL" pulled it out and showed it to me then went on about no one wanting him to work there etc. I'll be quite honest I'm a advocate for guns but he has scared the crap out of me. I am handling this with my employer but just want to know if there is anything else legally I have to stand on. I feel it's a legitimate threat towards myself.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »
Jake2015,

Talking to your employer about what happened is probably your best course of action. There is a crime in Texas called “terroristic threat,” but I think your coworker’s threat to you is going to be too vague to constitute a criminal act. You may try to report his statements to the police as a terroristic threat, and it is possible they may disagree with my assessment and file charges against him.