Author Topic: constitutional carry reciprocity?  (Read 6436 times)

bhoefling

constitutional carry reciprocity?
« on: June 28, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »
This has been in the news recently and I searched and didn't find anyone asking, so I am... Many articles like this:
http://bearingarms.com/scotus-ruling-se ... ciprocity/

in the news.  and was hoping to have some authoritative information.  It seems that precedent has been set, but does it truly apply like is being said in these articles?  Usually in reference to conceal carry, but others to "constitutional, open carry". Since I live in Texas, open carry is available starting next year, but how does the 5 unelected judiciaries making legislation work for this side of the fence. (not even mentioning how in the world they were able to even do that?!?!).

any comments, notes, suggestions, advice?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

CongoHarry

• View Profile
Re: constitutional carry reciprocity?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
Hold not thy breath.  Regardless of your position on recent matters, the Black Robes arguably exhibited some serious pretzel logic and torturous stretch in rendering recent decisions. They are perfectly capable of doing likewise to nullify the 2nd amendment.   By all indications, we could be just one vote away from it.  Just one.  I seriously doubt they will decide anything which places themselves at the mercy of an increasingly armed populace.  You may well have to simply adopt President Andrew Jackson's approach as he did to the decision rendered in 1832 (Worchester v. Georgia), when he wryly noted:
[/i]Chief Justice Marshall has rendered his opinion.  Now let him enforce it.
[/i]

meatservo

Re: constitutional carry reciprocity?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »
This has popped up on a few gun forums, would like to get some legal insight...

meatservo