Author Topic: Smart vs Legal  (Read 3761 times)

MIO

• View Profile
Smart vs Legal
« on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »
Just because something is "legal"doesn't make it smart.

It legal to put my hand on the stove burner but not smart. I shouldn't do it then call someone expecting them to "fix it" cause I pay my money to pay their salaries.
It's legal for me to drive across my yard but not smart because with all the rain we have had I will get stuck. I shouldn't do it then need to call someone to pay extra money to fix my silliness.
It's legal for me to yell "bad word" in church but not smart. It will draw unwanted attention and I shouldn't feel like I should be defended after I call someone just because I feel empowered with attention and legality.

I carry to protect me and mine. I don't feel empowered as I'm the danger not the tool. Bravado is not a character trait of quality. The most powerful weapon I will ever have is my brain.  

Exit soap box stage right.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

stealth

• View Profile
Re: Smart vs Legal
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »
Generally agree, but not sure if you're trying to imply that a particular activity is legal but not smart?

MIO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »
Quote from: "stealth"
Generally agree, but not sure if you're trying to imply that a particular activity is legal but not smart?
Nope just saying I have seen many things over time where the question shouldn't be "is it legal?" but should be asking first "is it smart?"

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 07:08:38 AM »
I thought you were leading up to the issue of open carry vs concealed carry.

MIO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
Quote from: "yabu"
I thought you were leading up to the issue of open carry vs concealed carry.
Nope I choose not to open carry except during duty, training and hunting however I helped push for it in my state and my son open carries. It's your choice.
I just see a lot of questions of wanting to do this or that when the first question should be "is this smart?" rather than "is this legal?"
Gray matter over ego