Author Topic: Tourist from Texas Arrested for Guns at 9/11 Memorial  (Read 10517 times)

CongoHarry

• View Profile
Tourist from Texas Arrested for Guns at 9/11 Memorial
« on: August 07, 2015, 08:34:24 AM »
Simply not believable.  Looks like someone's attention span suffered a major lapse during her CHL course.  If prior cases are any indication, this lady will be a guest of the state of New York for the next four years, where they just love to arrest and mercilessly imprison out-of-staters for gun violations, no matter how innocuous.  See:  http://http://www.fox4news.com/story/29696067/911-memorial-visitor-arrested-on-gun-charge
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Tourist from Texas Arrested for Guns at 9/11 Memorial
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:58:24 PM »
I heard about this on the news. Like you, I find it unbelievable she would even consider carrying a gun in New York. Then ask a cop where she could store them?????

We are spoiled in Texas (and some other states I'm sure). I recently made a trip to Arkansas for a few days and when I looked up their concealed carry regulations, I was surprised to find out how much more restrictive they were than what I deal with in Texas (i.e. can't carry concealed into a private residence unless you 1st ask the homeowner if it is OK)

CongoHarry

• View Profile
Re: Tourist from Texas Arrested for Guns at 9/11 Memorial
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:47:53 AM »
New York has its charms.  Visited many times in my younger days. I, however, have no intention of returning.  I refuse to spend my tourist dollars in any state that denys ordinary law-abiding citizens the right to self defense, yet surrounds its own elite and foreign dignitaries with armed protection derived from confiscatory taxes imposed on those same law-abiding citizens.