Author Topic: Traveling from NE Texas to Northern Arkansas  (Read 4409 times)

dtg1991a1

Traveling from NE Texas to Northern Arkansas
« on: June 06, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
I was a CHL Instructor for some 15 years or so but due to health had to let that go. Now i live in extreme NE Texas after a lifetime in the Houston area, i carry concealed EVERYWHERE that is legal. And i am about to make about a three or four week trip into northern Arkansas where i am unfamiliar with their laws. Can anyone give me quick pointers in any DIFFERENCES theyhave from Texas laws, the current reciprocity, things of this nature. I have been looking online for available info but thought you guys might have extra insight that could help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Dude

Re: Traveling from NE Texas to Northern Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
See TLS Attorney's reply to another recent post "Texas CHLs in Other Reciprocating States, But . . ."   Hopefully, this will help some.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Traveling from NE Texas to Northern Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »
Thanks for the question dtg1991a1.

Arkansas recognizes Texas CHLs as valid in their state. However, you should stay out of police stations, prison facilities, courtrooms, bars, schools and churches in Arkansas.

These places are off-limits to concealed handguns. Remember that Arkansas does not have the Texas 30.06 law, so any "No Guns" sign is valid, and you must take your gun back to your vehicle.

If approached by law enforcement, you should disclose that you have a firearm immediately and hand over your Texas CHL.

Hope that helps, and have a safe trip.