Author Topic: What holster brand do you prefer to use for conceal carry.  (Read 40031 times)

bleppla

Re: What holster brand do you prefer to use for conceal carr
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 01:00:35 PM »
I prefer kydex especially the Bladetech. Expensive, yes but you get what you pay for. I stay away from the Blackhawk SERPA principally because I always forget to push the little button to get my gun out! Personal problem, yes! I don't want to have to think about an extra action should I need to access my firearm quickly. As far as leather holsters are concerned, I stay away from them since I am concerned about them retaining their shape once the firearm is removed. I know there are very good leather holsters out there that will retain their shape but with kydex you never have that problem. If the holster does not retain its shape, reholstering tends to cause some muzzling issues that make me uncomfortable. Just my two cents worth.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

SafeT

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
N82 professional IWB works for me.

bilgerat57

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »
Serpa Blackhawk CQ outside waistband. It's fairly inexpensive but has a level two retention feature with the release button directly inline with forefinger placement for the draw. Adjustable cant and you can wear it as a paddle holster or as a belt mounted holster.

nomad636

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 10:49:54 AM »
Alright guys. I've fallen for the hype with Alien Gear. I've purchased the Galco Kingtuc, I own a White Hat holster and the Mtac Minotaur; I have a Crossbreed sitting in my holster drawer too.

There are a lot of "good" holsters out there but few set themselves apart from the herd and fit in the GREAT category.

I want to give a shoutout to #stealthgear holsters. They custom made an IWB hybrid holster for my XDM 3.8" .40. This is hands down the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. It breathes. Doesn't make ya sweat. It's comfortable against bare skin and doesn't feel like a stiff sweat inducing plank.

There is no break-in time with the #Stealthgear holster.

It is expensive up front but buy once cry once. It's worth every penny. I've spent way to much $$$ on good holsters. I've finally found a great one. Thank you #StealthgearUSA

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 04:36:57 PM »
I use the Bladetech appendix carry kydex holster made specifically for my Ruger LC9S.  Relatively inexpensive and comfortable.  This is the 2nd generation Bladetech and differs from the original in three ways:
l.  The tension adjustment screw is gone.
2. The outer surface is textured now rather than smooth.
3. The excess material which some claim would poke them is the stomach when they sat down has been removed.  Now the sweat plate matches the shape of the gun perfectly.

siggaltx

Re: What holster brand do you prefer to use for conceal carry.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
I have the Well Armed Woman, In The Waistband holster for my Sig Sauer P238. It is a kydex (sp?) clamshell type holster and it fits perfectly in the front of my waistband and is very comfortable to wear, even while sitting down. The clip is recessed into the slimmest part of the holster which reduces bulk. Unless you wear a tight shirt, you can't see it at all. I can wear it even with sweats or shorts or scrub pants (I work in a nursing home). I carry this way all the time (except inside the nursing home) and sometimes forget I'm wearing it! The clip is adjustable so you can put it on the left or right hip and you can move the clip up or down to make it fit just right. Great little holster for $45-50. Check it out on the Well Armed Woman website.

ZenShot

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 09:05:01 AM »
The N82 original works well for a subcompact like my Beretta Pico. The backing is very soft and comfortable.

Luis43

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
Stitch Dex Hoslster

dgloockster

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 09:49:39 PM »
http://www.comp-tac.com/ makes good IWB holsters as does http://www.sidearmor.com/. Both are made from Kydex.

If you go with an IWB leather holster, just be sure you can easily re-holster after presenting your weapon.

The Blackhawk Serpa is a good OWB holster and it has a retention feature - http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Holsters-Duty-Gear/Holsters/Duty.aspx

maxpreacher

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 12:38:56 PM »
http://mecopocketholsters.com

pgheadhunt

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »
I have a Sig P238 (380 APC) and after much research I purchased a Stickey Holster which is a pocket holster and can also be IWB. In reading other responses I am going to check out Nighthawk and Allen Gear.

GlenWilbanks

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 09:55:24 PM »
You are going to end up with a drawer full of holsters just like the rest of us. I have been carrying a gun for 30 years and still buy holsters from time to time, I bought 3 this month. Different guns, different carry methods, different materials. They all come into play. The greatest holster is as elusive as the greatest gun. You get what you pay for so don't go cheap, make sure your trigger is covered, and make sure you have retention and ability to re-holster. Continue to read forums like this for ideas but you have to decide for yourself what is comfortable for you. Good luck.

CMOST

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »
I like my Sticky holster. No clips or loops to mess with. You can get deep concealment with it.

shorthairptr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 02:06:58 PM »
How many holsters have we bought that just lay in the drawer? I had one made for my gun (laser & being a lefty) from someone I met at a gun show and I loved it until I found one I liked better.

Ask 10 gun owners and they'll probably give you 8 different holster companies that are their favorite. My advice is bring your gun/s to a gun show and feel / try on every holster vendor you see. When you find one you like have him custom make it to fit your needs.  Most of these vendors are small local mom / pop businesses and will make sure you are 100% satisfied before selling you their product..

If you go into a gun store and just pick up a generic holster, most likely it will be sitting in your drawer in a few weeks.