Author Topic: Concealed-Carry In Other People's Homes  (Read 7545 times)

Dude

Concealed-Carry In Other People's Homes
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
1)  Does a CHL individual have to tell their friend or neighbor they are carrying if entering their home or yard for any type of mutual social event?
2)  If the same friend or neighbor should learn of your CHL carrying on their property and verbally ask you to disarm or leave, do you LEGALLY have to?  (I realize disarming or leaving would probably be the BEST thing to do for a friend or neighbor.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Concealed-Carry In Other People's Homes
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:04:07 AM »
Dude,

First of all, there is no need to give notice that you are carrying a handgun in another person's private residence. However, if they verbally tell you there are no handguns allowed on the premises, you must leave or you will become a criminal trespasser. Remember though, that there is no need to disclose that information.

Second, yes, if you stay you will become a criminal trespasser. Criminal trespass is a misdemeanor offense.

Thanks for the questions.

spanman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
I would assume that when asked to leave, for any reason, you would have to leave.

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 04:37:24 PM »
I attend a by-monthly discussion group at a local eatery.  I know there are several people who attend who are not comfortable around guns.  I am usually carrying when I attend; but, legal issues aside, out of courtesy to them I never mention that fact or call attention to my weapon in any way.  Concealed means concealed what they don't know won't bother them.  I live in a senior citizen apartment complex and I know that many folks there would not be comfortable around me if they knew I was carrying.  Here, again, they don't know and I don't tell them.

kurtpenn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
For me... I never tell.  It's not anyone's business but mine if I carry.  Concealed means concealed... not advertised!  Even my friends that know I have a CHL never know when I'm carrying and when I'm not.  I've even had occasions where they've asked me if I'm carrying and I've diverted the conversation to something else, thatvneither says yes or no to their question.  In my opinion, the best way to carry concealed is to let no one know my situation that day.... friend or foe.  Now... on a friends property, I will most always respect their opinions... so If I know they are opposed to carrying, I will not carry.  My friends and their individual opinons/beliefs are important and honered...they are my freinds after all.

alison3492

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:08:00 AM »
I need to setup a trust. Because I want to purchase some equipment. So how do I proceed?

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 02:13:25 PM »
alison3492,

Texas Law Shield will happily assist you in forming your NFA trust. For more information, see the NFA portion of our website at http://www.lawshieldtrust.com/texas/.

Thank you for your question.