Author Topic: Chased down the street!  (Read 11378 times)

Neighbor

• View Profile
Chased down the street!
« on: September 17, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
Saw a news cast about a week ago where a homeowner heard a noise and found someone in his house (I think somewhere in East Texas). One guy was in the house - having kicked in the door I believe - and when he realized the homeowner was home, he turned and ran outside. TV interviewed the homeowner and he said he chased the guy outside and shot at him and then continued chasing him and a 2nd guy down the street shooting at them - I believe he said "until his gun was empty". At the end of the interview the homeowner said "they were lucky because he didn't think he hit either of them" The two guys hadn't been located by news time.

I only know the specifics as aired on TV and stated by homeowner, but I'm pretty sure going on TV and saying this type thing is not going to be what Texas Law Shield lawyers tell you to do. I just sat there thinking to myself, "Surely you didn't do that?" "Are you really saying this to a reporter for TV?" I must say that maybe those two bad guys might have something to consider next time. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

CongoHarry

• View Profile
Re: Chased down the street!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 06:35:48 PM »
Never talk to the Press.  They are NOT our friends.  Never go on camera and make statements that will be used against you later in court.  Layer Nr. 2 of John Farnam's "Layers of Response":  functional invisibility.  We all need to practice to art of “being invisible.” It is in our best interest to go our way unnoticed, both by potential predators and by the criminal justice system alike.?

mayfieldh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 12:10:21 PM »
Lucky this guy didn't kill anyone.  He would have made a confession to the News Reporters instead of keeping his mouth shut.

siggaltx

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 04:38:54 PM »
Holy Moly! This guy needs to attend a TLS seminar! I'm glad a stray bullet didn't find it's way into another house or some other person! What a goober!