Author Topic: use of a firearm in a building with a 30.06 sign posted.  (Read 7047 times)

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: use of a firearm in a building with a 30.06 sign posted.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »
Perhaps this is not a simple yes or no question. If they indicate in writing on a public forum that "yes they would cover you in this generic scenerio", that would tie their hands and could be taken to mean they back illegal concealled carry activity.

It does seem to me that as a relatively new poster, you are pushing pretty hard. Probably just a good idea to stay out of legally posted 30.06 areas with your weapon.

TLS does have a phone number too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

higavin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 06:50:42 PM »
So only ask easy questions?

I called the number, spoke to an atty, got an answer that contradicts info in the new member booklet. I asked here hoping I could get a detailed response either confirming the original answer or explaining the company's position.  

I mentioned all this in my first post, did anyone actually read it?

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »
higavin,

You are correct. We are more than happy to provide coverage for members who find themselves in situations where they are forced to use their firearms in defense of themselves or others, even if it is in a location with a 30.06 sign.  The member must have justification available as a defense.  I spoke to both the founder and President of the company a few minutes ago and they both confirmed this point.

While our Independent Program Attorneys would defend you for charges relating to the use of the gun, there are many other possible charges that could result from being on the property with a firearm criminal trespassing and unlawful carry, to name a couple not to mention the fact that you risk losing state law presumptions and no duty to retreat protection.

higavin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  I truly appreciate the time and research/validation devoted to giving a complete answer.

I tend to avoid private businesses that post 30.06 signs as a rule. If they can get by without my business, I can survive without their product/services.

It's very gratifying to know TLS has our back if something happens. I've felt much more comfortable carrying since getting the coverage.