Author Topic: The Versatile Ruger 10-22  (Read 2367 times)

CongoHarry

• View Profile
The Versatile Ruger 10-22
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »

Shown here is a suppressed Ruger 10-22 in use by Israeli forces.  Its role is highly specialized and surprisingly effective, especially when used in conjunction with a sub-sonic 60 gr. bullet.  I had heard the Israelis used them in their special operations units.  This is the first time I've seen one in action.  The only reason I wouldn't consider using .22lr in any self-defense or combat role is simply because rimfire ammo has an annoying tendency to misfire.  Not a problem, however, if backed-up with something belt-fed or crew-served.  I made the acquaintance of the little 10-22 late in life.  I now own several, and making up for lost time.  And, not unlike the Barbie doll or Polaroid camera, I'm beginning to suspect they could give you the rifle for free.  They probably make their money on the vast array of after-market accessories they sell you.  Top of the "tacti-cool" line is the 10-22's AR variant in the model SR-22.  Ok...I blew the milk money accessorizing that one, but is was soooo worth it.  10-shot groups no bigger than a nickel.  Flawless operation.  Multi-role capable.  Cheap to run and plenty o'fun!  Saving up my pennies for another one in checkered Turkish walnut with Mannlicher stock.  Everybody should have at least one in their quiver.  Be advised: like potato chips, you can't have just one.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

MIO

• View Profile
Re: The Versatile Ruger 10-22
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »
Mmmm I like mine with CCI stingers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

JTrevell

Re: The Versatile Ruger 10-22
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:44:02 AM »
The image isn't showing up properly for me so I tried to google it...but I like the CCI stingers as well.

-J.Trevell
http://www.bailbondsbros.com/location/lubbock