Author Topic: What is the best way to conceal carry a Kimber Solo?  (Read 6553 times)

VacMaster

What is the best way to conceal carry a Kimber Solo?
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »
I recently purchased a Kimber Solo and wanted to poll the group to see what is the best way to conceal carry it? IWB, OWB, holster, ankle, naked in pocket? This is a sweet size and don't want to bulk it up with a holster. Curious what works for you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: What is the best way to conceal carry a Kimber Solo?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 02:55:50 PM »
In my opinion I think you need to look at what you do on a routine basis and find a concealment method that works for that. For instance if you work an office job and are in a suit and tie most of the time you would probably want something different than a mechanic that crawls around under and over cars for a living. I don't own a Kimber Solo so I'm not familiar with that weapon, but in my case I have 2 or 3 concealed carry methods for the same weapon (shield 9mm) depending on situation. At work I never know if I will be crawling under something, up on a ladder, or digging holes with a shovel so I use a Undertech Tee Shirt with a underarm holster and retention strap to keep it close. When I am working around the house or going to town, I use a Crossbreed IWB holster for the same gun, and when I am at church services in dress slacks, I usually use a SmartCarry pouch. From what I read on the forums, most of us have tried various holsters over the years and have things we like about different ones. By the way I would not carry the solo with no holster in my pocket - some might, but I'm not a fan of an unprotected trigger especially if you put other things in that pocket.

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:40:25 AM »
Neighbor, I also have a Smart Carry pouch holster.  It is very convenient when wearing shorts or pants with an elastic waistband.  It is really deep concealment - absolutely undetectable and yet very comfortable and retrievable.

MIO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 06:25:59 AM »
Holsters are an accessory in which no one size fits all.
 Ankles are great when driving, ok when your grappling but on a normal encounter make you bend over exposing your unprotected head at close range threats which most are.
Pockets are concealable but slow so if time isn't an issue and walking around with your hand in your pocket makes you defenseless to a punch.
OWB prints but is quick and can have extra retention if needed.
IWB is concealable, somewhat quick but lack additional retention.
Why limit yourself? Carry for the situation. In a tux carry deep, in shirts and t maybe iwb, cold outside owb etc.

JAA

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »
Not to be a grinch, but how many rounds have you put through it?  I would make sure it "consistently" goes bag every time I pull the trigger before I spend any more money.  A friend and I each purchased our Solo's around the same time.  He in KY and me in PA.  The 1st hundred or so rounds were great than after that nothing but issues.  Sent mine back to Kimber, they would do something and send back.  This went on for 3 returns.  Finally ended up selling it at a significant loss.  My friend had the same experience.  He finally sold his also.  In " my " opinion, Kimber blew it on this one and their gunsmiths were down right arrogant at that.  Would never buy any Kimber product again!  That my 2 cents, sorry.

VacMaster

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will research these different holster ideas.

FAA regarding the reliability, I have had some misfires. I am in the phase of trying a new magazine and trying the recommended ammo phase. Will let you know if this fixes things. Just bought my wife a Sig P238 and am really wishing I got the P938 instead of the Solo as I am worried I am experiencing the same issues that others have had. Time will tell.