Author Topic: Ammo question  (Read 2110 times)

zipmac22

Ammo question
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:49:30 PM »
Hi,

Recently in the news there was a story of a someone traveling in New Jersey who had his hand gun taken apart and locked in the trunk of his car as well as some ammo. The ammo was both hard ball and hollow points. The hard ball was okay to have, but the traveler was arrested for having the hollow points in his possession. The news article had stated that only those with a New Jersey carry permit can carry hollow point and is illegal for non-state residents to have in their possession. My questions…Is there a list of each state out there that explains those fine points that many of us would of never known? I've tried searching on-line, but it seems to be burried if its out there. I'd rather know ahead of time so I could avoid any possible problems. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ammo question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
zipmac22,

You are exactly correct - Hollow point ammunition is illegal to possess in New Jersey (with some exceptions). A good source of information is www.handgunlaw.us. Or, you can give our office a call anytime you have questions regarding another state’s gun laws, and we will happy to get an answer.

Thank you for your question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »