Author Topic: Paris attacks  (Read 9144 times)

ZenShot

Paris attacks
« on: November 14, 2015, 08:58:46 AM »
Wow, what a wake up call.  We knew this could happen in our free society. This is the first time since 9-11 that I am stunned by such a crime on a civilian population as an act of political terrorism.  It hits home because the attacks were on the type of places we all attend - sporting events, concerts, even a high profile shopping mall in a big city.
A shooting by a mentally ill person is one thing.  But this is an act of war by a foreign enemy, where the battlefield might be just down the street.  A disturbing and depressing situation.

MIO

• View Profile
Re: Paris attacks
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
This is what I put out today to friends and family:

This is what you can do. I put this out this morning and share it with family.

Based on recent arrests and attacks in Oklahoma, Kalifornia and Ohio: The attack in Paris will embolden jihadist here. They will use as a model to carry out their own. They will hit places where you do not expect it. Some will use knives some guns and may use IEDs.
I suggest you upgrade your personal protection between now and the end of the year.
Half a tank of gas should be considered empty. It will take more fuel to get home in a crisis and supplies get depleted quickly.
If you don't carry then do, if you carry a pistol add a magazine, if you have a light rail get a light, if you carry a full size handgun and are skilled then add a rifle to the vehicle when you leave the house.
Speaking of lights. Get one that you can carry in the pocket or purse. The one in the attached link below is $3 and is very bright.
Trying to park the closest to the door of the store might not be the best idea. This is where IEDs will be and the people funnel that will be shot into is as we get into Christmas season.
I know your thinking I'm nuts and we don't do this stuff here in America. Get thru the ooda loop and don't let 9-11 happen again.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006E0QAFY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1447512260&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=cree+flashlight&dpPl=1&dpID=51ah9rrp7cL&ref=plSrch

Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength,Tested Knowledge is Confidence

CongoHarry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »
I know your thinking I'm nuts and we don't do this stuff here in America.

Not me, bubba! It's what kept me alive for many years in some nasty places outside the U.S. And, unfortunately, we will have to do this stuff here in America.  Tops on my list:
1. I never went into any place I couldn't walk out of.
   a. Note the location of a secondary escape route.
   b. Never sit with your back to the door.
   c. Never sit at a sidewalk cafe.
2. If my gun can't enter, then neither can I.

jimbob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »
Here's a good article on Situation Awareness that may be of interest

"A Practical Guide to Situational Awareness is republished with permission of Stratfor."
https://www.stratfor.com/weekly/practical-guide-situational-awareness

LucasMcCain

• I am not a lawyer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
Thanks for the link. Good article with some good information.

mathewslw

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »
jim bob, another good resource is the NRA Refuse to be a Victim. the course is focused on how to avoid situations that can put you in harms way. A very good common sense approach.