Author Topic: Didn't know this about buying ammo  (Read 6560 times)

Neighbor

• View Profile
Didn't know this about buying ammo
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Today I heard a news clip on the radio referring to the Govenor's situation that was talking about him having his concealed carry license suspended. I knew about that requirement, but they said (and they mentioned Texas Law Shield as a source I think) he could not buy any ammo for his guns and he could not buy any more guns during the time he was under indictment. I did not know either of these facts, but they very well may be true. I understand how the buying more guns could be enforced through the paperwork done during the purchase, but how is the restriction on buying ammo enforced, if indeed that is the law?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't know this about buying ammo
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »
Neighbor,

That is correct; under federal law, he is prohibited from buying guns and ammunition while being under indictment for a felony. As for enforcement, it is a crime for him to purchase ammo, so the deterrent of getting in even worse trouble is the main method of enforcement.

Thank you for your question

wickybrook

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 12:46:00 AM »
the time he was under indictment. I did not know either of these facts?????

CongoHarry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 07:12:04 AM »
Quote from: "Neighbor"
Today I heard a news clip on the radio referring to the Govenor's situation that was talking about him having his concealed carry license suspended. I knew about that requirement, but they said (and they mentioned Texas Law Shield as a source I think) he could not buy any ammo for his guns and he could not buy any more guns during the time he was under indictment. I did not know either of these facts, but they very well may be true. I understand how the buying more guns could be enforced through the paperwork done during the purchase, but how is the restriction on buying ammo enforced, if indeed that is the law?

Ever purchased ammo online?  Gone to a gun store or sporting goods counter and purchased ammo with cash? Used a credit or ATM card to purchase ammo? All leave data/audit trails, store security videotape, a record of account activity available for review on your monthly bank statements.  And, guess who spends more time carefully examining them than you do?

MIO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 07:01:49 PM »
Another example of "you will only have what you have when IT happens". Preparing enough for the zombie apocalypse might be fun but in reality politics is the real danger. So much for innocent till proven guilty huh
There are others as well and all should not be ignored.
Buy it cheap and stack it deep