Author Topic: Open carry using inside waistband holster  (Read 2481 times)

yabu

• View Profile
Open carry using inside waistband holster
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:15:20 AM »
Wondering if an inside the waistband holster attached to the belt with clips worn exposed would be legal under the new Open Carry law?  Rather than buy new OWB holsters, could I use IWB holsters I already own worn with the weapon exposed under the new law?  Just curious.

yabu

• View Profile
Re: Open carry using inside waistband holster
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 07:39:56 AM »
Would an OWB paddle holster be legal for open carry.  It does not strictly attach to the belt but loops over it.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 02:39:48 PM »
Yabu,

The only requirement that the statute lays out is that if you choose to open carry, the handgun must be in a belt or shoulder holster. As of this time, we have no direction of what does and does not qualify as a belt or shoulder holster. Next year will be very interesting. We will see how the police and courts interpret what qualifies as a belt or shoulder holster.

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »
The thread titled "Legal belt holster for open carry" in this same forum seems to cover this - particularily the next to last post (at this time)

Katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »

*just tossin this out there*

Do you want to be the FIRST one a 'bad guy' shoots at because he or she can easily SEE that you are armed?

I'm all in favor of legal open carry - but it will be a very rare scenario when I choose to do so.......................