Author Topic: Polymer Bullets by Polycase  (Read 2618 times)

gene814

Polymer Bullets by Polycase
« on: December 11, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »
I recently bought a box of the new Inceptor bullets by Polycase.  These bullets are a polymer/copper mixture, rather than the standard copper bullets.  If I use these in my self defense pistol and have to use them, could I get into trouble because I was not using a standard hollow point bullet, but something new instead?

timsatx

Re: Polymer Bullets by Polycase
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »
So far as I know there is no restriction on ammo. The only issue could be some lawyer trying to make hay out of so called "killer" bullets. Other than that you are not required to use a specific type of bullet.

Rusty Shackleford

Re: Polymer Bullets by Polycase
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »
Under Texas law if you are justified in using deadly force then it does not matter what you use. Of course you can get in trouble if you use a prohibited weapon.

Does using what others may call a more deadly bullet increase the odds of being prosecuted for using deadly force?
I would say no. The state (Texas) must get a grand jury indictment for all felonies. The unjustified use of deadly force is a felony, so the state must get 9 of 12 to say that you should be brought to trial. I do not believe that the state could get an indictment if the only factor in a justified use of deadly force situation is the bullet type. I could see the odds increasing in being indicting is you use explosive ammo.