Author Topic: Is there an App for Texas/US Law Shield  (Read 13707 times)

SGTJP

• View Profile
Is there an App for Texas/US Law Shield
« on: December 17, 2015, 01:20:32 PM »
??

timsatx

Re: Is there an App for Texas/US Law Shield
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:29:56 PM »
What would you be looking for that it might offer?

Hizzoner

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »
It would probably be helpful to have the App so that all it would take is clicking on it and then the call button for emergency situations.  I would think that in a high stress situation that it might be difficult to remember who to call or what to do.  The app could give some detailed instructions in case of an emergency

Katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »

Why wait for an 'APP' ?

SAVE the TLS hotline number on your smart phone's speed dial function

And IIRC - if you look through all the blogs / videos on the TLS website I believe "special instructions" following a "pulled my weapon" scenario are found

and / or - look up the ongoing / continuing list of "weapons law seminars" that TLS is offering and attend one - as I recall it's only $5 to attend one of these seminars - LOTS of very valuable information is provided at each and every one

Hizzoner

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »
I still think that an app that you can click on, open up and follow instructions from clicking to call to step by step instructions would be great for such a high stress situation where rational thought may be difficult

SGTJP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 03:30:37 PM »
Yes, i was thinking in a difficult situation an app with a click for help would be nice...

ceejmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 06:38:31 PM »
Just add this shortcut to your home screen

www.uslawshield.com/features/what-to-do-after-bang/

SGTJP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 10:25:23 PM »
Thank you!

szgourides

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 08:24:10 PM »
I agree an app would be nice

Hizzoner

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 08:35:27 AM »
I still think an app with an emergency button with VERY SIMPLE step by step instructions would be helpful (and easy to build).  I cannot imagine the emotional and mental stress at the moment after a shooting and something with concise instructions would be helpful.

Something like:
Click on App- EMERGENCY BUTTON- that takes you to a "CONNECT TO ATTORNEY" button that dials the emergency hotline.  Then when you hang up, there is a short list of things to do until police arrive.

Hizzoner

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »
Maybe it even automatically activates the audio/video recording of the device.

dgloockster

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 09:36:09 PM »
Seems odd that no one from TLS has spoken up on this matter.

Rockriver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »
A phone app sounds good and might be helpful during that stressful period of time while you're waiting for law enforcement to arrive. 

However, as mentioned in an old post, if you are arrested your personal belongings will be taken away from you, leaving you without access to your phone and wallet card.  It might be a good idea to memorize TLS's number and your member number and also ensure that someone you might call from jail has that info.

Perhaps TLS could change their emergency contact numbers to something easy to memorize.

KSMike

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »
As a full time police officer, I have been involved in a few shootings. Take it from me... gross motor skills are what you will be dealing with. Think about this question for a moment... you have just had to use your weapon in a lethal force encounter. Your heart is racing, your adrenaline is sky high, you can't remember the number of shots fired, let alone can you remember "did I fire 4 or 5 shots"? Trying to process the fine motor skills of accessing a phone, finding an app, accessing the app, and following the instructions, are going to be lost... this is why 911 was created. To simplify the overall process of calling for help. Just my opinion... but in the off-duty shooting I had this past November with an active shooter... it was all I could do to access my phone and dial 911. I kept looking for my police radio... then grabbed my pager thinking it was the phone... all in a span of less than a minute. Then I called 911.... believe me folks. Stuff happens. I train every day for the "what if?"... how often does your average LTC person train for a "what if" scenario??

graylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »
I think you guys are wanting a link for a quick connect on your front page...not an APP.....I made my own. I learned out to create a contact link on my front page complete with logo. Now if I am ever in an incident and can not think straight all I have to do is click on my "shield link"...You guys can learn how to do it too....