Author Topic: legal to carry other guns?  (Read 3293 times)

adrian2010

legal to carry other guns?
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:59:02 PM »
I recently got my LTC and wanted to try out how another handgun feels while carrying concealed other than my own handgun. My friend offered to let me carry his handgun. So my question is is it legal for me to carry a handgun that is not mine? Also if I were to have to use it is that illegal? I tried researching this to see if was legal before I did it, but couldn't find an answer. This may seem like a dumb question to others, but I rather ask a dumb question than not ask it at all.

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: legal to carry other guns?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 04:12:23 PM »
The LTC is not tied to any particular gun. Neither is it just good for guns owned by you. You can legally carry (and use) borrowed guns without being in violation of any law that I know of. If someone knows different, certainly jump in.

LucasMcCain

• I am not a lawyer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:14:35 PM »
A friend of mine was loaned a gun specifically for the purpose of carrying by a former chief of police that is a friend of hers. I don't think he would have done so had there been any question of legality. You should be fine carrying and using any gun that you my legally possess.

Not a lawyer.

timsatx

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:32:39 PM »
Your weapon, someone else s weapon. Makes no difference. The license says that you are legal to carry a weapon, not just your weapon.