Author Topic: New Open Carry  (Read 18959 times)

BK

Re: New Open Carry
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 10:55:19 AM »
It looks like the matter is between TACB and its permittees, only, and that permittees are prohibited from allowing long guns and shotguns on the licensed premises.

Not sure if that applies to owners and employees on the licensed premises, such as those working convenience stores who would have for self-protection purposes a shotgun stashed behind the counter.

P.S. - My apologies to Kroger for my prior comments.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:13:18 PM by BK »

Kyle45preferred

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 08:36:25 PM »
I'm going to reply to multiple people. @ Lucas McCain With Kroger they are just being gun friendly, but legally gun friendly, they want to let  criminals know, they are not welcome, and they will be prosecuted, and they are telling the law abiding people, just make sure you have a license. Regarding your bank, I'd find a new bank, I bank with Chase and BOA(I know, I just bank and use their credit card) Neither of those national banks have any signs restricting handguns, if they want your money they better want you to carry guns in their bank as well. Jim's restaurant has a 30.07 sign, and so does HEB. I will never shop at either store again, or any other place.  I am not sure why their is a problem with open carrying a firearm. In my view you are either for the second amendment or against it. You can not be in the middle. Personally I have open carried in the mall, and gotten at least two nods. And most people really don't seem to care. One guy said something, but I didn't really care what he had to say it was in a Valero, and he thought I was out of ear shot. I think it's a good thing, and it's a visual deterrent. Most criminals are cowards and do not want to exchange gun fire. I still conceal carry for my job. But other than that I open carry. It's a faster draw, and you can wear a jacket over, and it will make it more concealed. @BK I'm not sue what you mean 5 will get you ten, as long as you leave the premises, I believe it's just a misdemeanor. Also if they do not have proper signage their is no legal ramification, they have to have the sign up, or they can ask you to leave. I wish I would see more people open carry. I was in Austin and went into a Starbucks open carrying no one cared, and I figured in Liberal yahoo Austin people would freak out. One guy came up to me white, bearded hipster short brown hair, about 160 5'6 late 20s early 30s, talking about my shoulder holster and the barrel pointed out and how that's dangerous. Should've said, you only have to worry when it's drawn. It's a double action firearm, and the hammer was not cocked, and it's an FNH 45 FNX tactical. He said he had a CHL, but then sold his Ruger.

Kyle45preferred

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 08:41:58 PM »
Has anyone seen a 30.07 sign at there local grocery stores? At the store I shop at the sign in at the bottom of the window near the ground behind the shopping cart line. It seems to me this is not a conspicuous location.

Also, what if a business doesn't have a sign properly worded or installed, what do you do?

Well legally if the sign is not in both English and Spanish it is not a legal sign, and one inch margins. So it's not legal and has no legal authority. That being said I would just avoid the business and shop somewhere else, and hope they get robbed(after all only law abiding citizens follow the law). Being a conspicuous location is a gray area, depending on which entrance you enter, most hospitals have 30.06 signs. And one was posted on the ER area, but not on the main entrance. But also make sure it's concealed and I think it's just a misdemeanor if you don't leave. Also I'd take a picture and complain to management, and explain why I won't shop  there. Boycotts work and we need to boycott companies that are against guns.

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 09:33:54 PM »
But also make sure it's concealed and I think it's just a misdemeanor if you don't leave. Also I'd take a picture and complain to management, and explain why I won't shop  there. Boycotts work and we need to boycott companies that are against guns.
Maybe a mistype, but actually it is a class A misdemeanor if you don't leave when asked, which is serious.
In regard to boycotts, I'm not so sure a boycott by 3% to max 5% of the population in general really matters to most businesses. I do, however, think discussing the issue in a proper manner with management may have some effect - expecially in businesses where you are known and have been going for some time.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:35:30 PM by Neighbor »