Author Topic: Concerning staying concealed.  (Read 3655 times)

Jmmilliorn

Concerning staying concealed.
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
I don't intend to open carry.  (Just lets the bad guys know who to shoot first).  Has anything changed regarding concealing my carry gun?  Do I still have to worry about it being seen or imprinting in my pocket?  If my wife's gun is visible in her open purse, is that a problem still or has open carry changed or relaxed the need to work as hard to conceal our weapons?

Hizzoner

Re: Concerning staying concealed.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 12:05:39 PM »
If you are not concealed then you are Open Carrying.  Either is fine

ceejmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »
We haven't had to worry about printing or accidental exposure for several years now.  The law was changed a few years back so that intentionally displaying a weapon was an offense. Accidental display or a weapon is not an offense.

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 05:19:18 PM »
Might not be just either/or Hizzoner. Open carry has to be in either a should holster or holster attached to your belt to be legal. If you just stick a gun in your waistband and have your shirt tucked inside it, I believe you could have legal problems.

I do agree that accidentally exposing a weapon shouldn't be a problem, but who knows how some might react and at the very least cause you to have to answer some questions. I don't plan to get any less careful with my concealment.

jerryk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 09:08:06 PM »
"If my wife's gun is visible in her open purse, is that a problem still or has open carry changed or relaxed the need to work as hard to conceal our weapons?"

IMO That is a problem. The firearm IF conceled must stay conceled and if open carry has to be in a holster. So if it is conceled and it is observed for more the a moment in a inadvertant flash that is a problem. Open carry is in either a belt or shoulder holster not a purse.

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »
As I understand the law, in the case of concealed carry, now it is only against the law if one intentionally displays the weapon. Accidentally having the weapon exposed when the purse is opened should not be against the law.