Author Topic: Ruger LC9s  (Read 7806 times)

yabu

• View Profile
Ruger LC9s
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:48:22 PM »
I currently carry a Taurus 709 Slim .9mm.  I am not too fond of the slack in the trigger.  I was thinking of trading for a Ruger LC9s, the striker fired version of the LC9.  I've watched several videos of this gun in action on U-Tube.  Does anyone here have any experience with this gun?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

kurtpenn

• View Profile
Re: Ruger LC9s
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »
My wife got one a couple of weeks ago.  I myself carry a Glock, but I have to admit the LC9s is pretty dang nice!  It's slim/compact size makes it a good CCW.  The trigger is amazingly smooth and constant tension througout the pull.  If you haven't seen one yet, I suggest you get out and check it out.  It would make a great carry gun in my opinion.

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 06:00:02 AM »
Thanks, I'm going to check it out.

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:32:19 AM »
Traded in my Taurus 709 Slim for the Ruger Lc9S.  I took a bit of a beating on the trade, but I knew going in that I would.  I really like the Lc9S so far.  Haven't gotten to the range yet, but I can already tell it feels right in my hand and I love the trigger.  I think I'm going to be very happy with this gun.

kurtpenn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
Cool!... great to hear that.  They are providing a revised version of the Recoil Spring Assembly, though yours may already have it.  When you rack the slide back, check the RSA for a cone shape on the end.  If it has this, you have the newer version... if it's just flat, then you have the original version.  Some slides have been getting hung-up on the flat version and not returning all the way into battery.  Our's had the original version and worked flawlessly, though some individuals have hung-up.  I did call Ruger though and they sent the revised version for free within about a week.  (you can find info about it on rugerforum.net)

In case you want to pickup some additional magazines... I also found those on Cheaper Than Dirt for about $24.00.

Have fun with it!

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 05:42:06 PM »
Yes, I know about the recoil spring guide rod problem.  Fortunately, this new Lc9s has the new version of the guide rod already.  I checked that first thing.  Thanks for the info on the cheaper mags.  I don't know why Ruger can't supply two mags with these guns.  Thanks for the info.

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:11:56 AM »
Took the new Ruger LC9S to the range.  I used Federal Aluminum case ammo for the first time.  Normally, I only shoot brass case ammo but the price difference made me try the aluminum this time.  It fed through the LC9s without a hitch.  Aluminum, brass, hollow point defensive ammo - everything worked perfectly in this little gun.  Accuracy was better than I expected and I do love the trigger action.  I think one of the things that contributes to good performance in all my guns is a polished feed ramp.  With any new gun I get out my dremel tool and the Flitz polish and bring the feed ramp up to a mirror finish.  This is going to be my new carry gun for sure.

Roadster

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 09:54:46 PM »
I have the LC9S and absolutely love it.  I have yet to experience a misfire with this weapon.  It is extremely lightweight and surprisingly accurate for the barrel length.  I'm 6'1" and 230 pounds and initially had some concerns about the fit of the weapon, but that seems to be no problem.  While I wouldn't recommend for a target pistol, it is perfect for concealed carry.  My wife shot it for the first time today and got excellent results as well.  She complained about the kick however due to the overall weight of the weapon.  She has fired several weapons and really likes my P85 Ruger, but with that weapon, the kick isn't nearly as prevalent due to the added weight of the frame.  If you are looking for a small, reliable weapon that shoots well and is easily concealable, I don't know how you could go wrong with this weapon, especially for the price.