Author Topic: My observation on the new 30.07...  (Read 4182 times)

kurtpenn

• View Profile
My observation on the new 30.07...
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:53:46 AM »
Just my observation of what I've noticed around Dallas since the 30.07 law went into effect...
To me, it appears that businesses don't understand the laws (30.06 & 30.07)... so before the new 30.07 law went into effect, many businesses had the
'right to conceal carry' signs posted.  Now with legal open carry, businesses have added both the 30.06 & 30.07 signs... and continue to also have the 'right to conceal carry' sign up as well.  Instead of fully understanding the laws, they just place all the signs up.

In our local grocery store, the 'right to conceal' sign is still posted near the entrance... and now the 30.07 & 30.06 signs are posted closer to where you exit... and on the inside so you don't even see them until you are exiting.

From my point of view, 30.07 has hurt my legal right to carry more than helped it...

ptmcnutt

Re: My observation on the new 30.07...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »
I haven't seen this yet but I have noticed that several restaurants we go to have put up the 30.07 sign which I believe is the best way to go in business. Not sure I'd ever want to open carry so I agree, the added hype has spurned more confusion among business owners.

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 05:42:43 PM »
What is a "right to conceal carry" sign?

kmedcalf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »
I believe the sign the OP is referring to is the TABC "Blue" sign. It is not a "right to conceal carry" sign, but rather a notice required by TABC for any business that sells alcohol for off-premise consumption, or on-premise if the alcohol sales are less than 51% of the revenue.
This sign does not say anything about concealed carry. One version of the sign starts out with "The unlicensed possession...", and it is a reminder that such unlicensed carry in the business is a FELONY, whereas unlicensed carry is normally only a misdemeanor. Again, it say NOTHING about concealed carry. Here's a link to that version: https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publications/brochures/weapons.pdf

TABC has another version of the sign that says that the possession of a weapon on the property is prohibited UNLESS the weapon is a handgun AND the person is licensed under Subchapter 8 Section 411 of the Government code (Handgun licensing law). This version can be found at https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publications/brochures/weapons51.pdf except that the version for the off-site and < 51% does not have the red 51% printed on it.

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »
Ok thanks. I just never heard it referred to that way.