Author Topic: Lawsuits as a result of 30.07?  (Read 2660 times)

rhruzek

• View Profile
Lawsuits as a result of 30.07?
« on: April 06, 2016, 12:46:51 PM »
Have there been or are there any pending lawsuits regarding the imposition of Texas' 30.07 law, specifically for leaving LTC'ers defenseless when a self-defense situation comes up, or for having their weapon stolen from a vehicle because it had to be left behind?

Our office building landlord has just posted new 30.06 and 30.07 signs, and I'm wondering if there were any way to appeal to them to drop the 30.07 requirement because it opens them up to possible litigation from legal carriers who cannot keep their weapon on them, should an incident such as what happened in San Bernadino occur.

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Lawsuits as a result of 30.07?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »
I would think there would be a better chance of getting them to drop the 30.06 restriction if I understand your post right. At least with no 30.06 posting, out of sight - out of mind. Maybe I misunderstand your intent.

rhruzek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »
Whoops~! You're right - still get those two mixed up. I'd like them to remove the restriction against concealed carry, which is the 30.06 sign.

I wonder if anyone has made a case yet - that posting of the 30.06 sign endangers the occupants of the facility/storefront/etc., or is the underlying reason for having a gun stolen? Seems like it's a test case waiting to happen...

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 04:34:11 PM »
rhruzek,

At this point in time, we are not aware of any lawsuits that deal with potential liability for private property owners that post 30.06 and 30.07 signs. As this is a situation that should probably be handled delicately with your employer, please call in and speak to one of our program attorneys and they will be happy to assist you.

switch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:52:43 AM »
Some of the victims in the theater in CO sued because it was a 'gun free' zone.
They just lost their suit.