Author Topic: Usage of silencer on home defense guns  (Read 2129 times)

TFB

Usage of silencer on home defense guns
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »
To the lawyers of TexasLawshield-

what are the legal ramifications, if any, of using a sound suppression device on a home defense gun? (I'm one of your NFA trust customers, so all of my stuff is legal, stamped class 3)

Personally i would have my 9mm silencer on my home defense glock so that i wont kill my hearing or my family's hearing during a home defense situation. I'm still waiting on the ATF to approve it... so i guess my hearing will be damaged if the unfortunate ever were to happen.

Thanks

-TFB
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Usage of silencer on home defense guns
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:53:27 AM »
TFB,

There are no laws prohibiting your use of a suppressor on your home defense firearm.  If everything is legal and justified, there will not be any adverse repercussions.  Only in the event that the investigation reveals that the person in possession of the suppressor was committing a crime, would it possibly result in a federal charge of using an NFA weapon in the course of committing criminal activity.  This is highly unlikely in a home defense situation and would be more likely to happen in an incident occurring outside the home.  Therefore, TLS does not advise using a suppressor on your concealed handgun.

Thank you for your question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »