Author Topic: Multi-State Firearms Legal Protection  (Read 3655 times)

RayTRNJ

Multi-State Firearms Legal Protection
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:29:36 PM »
If I opt for the Multi-State Firearms Legal Protection I still am assuming it does not give me legal rights to carry a concealed firearm in states such as NJ where reciprocity on my CHL does not apply... is this true and what would be my incentive to purchase this additional coverage if I were only going to be traveling back to my home state of NJ where such laws do apply?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-State Firearms Legal Protection
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »
RayTRNJ,

You are correct; each state’s laws still apply, regardless as to whether or not we cover legal uses of a firearm in that state. As for incentives, beyond the obvious that it covers many states where you can legally carry (leading up to New Jersey), it would cover you in situations where you had lawful possession of a gun and had to defend yourself in that state. For instance, if you were extremely lucky and had a NJ license to carry (in addition to your Texas CHL), that would cover you. Or if you were staying with a family member that owned a firearm, and you were forced to defend yourself or your family member with their firearm, you would be covered. Keep in mind that we simply require you be in lawful possession of a firearm; even if it is your family member’s, we’ll cover you.

Thank you for your question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »