Author Topic: Concealing at a local Sports Arena?  (Read 17129 times)

• View Profile
Concealing at a local Sports Arena?
« on: May 02, 2016, 03:28:46 PM »
Me and my wife attend a local Rodeo arena on a regular basis and we both conceal. I haven't had any issue with them yet but was just curious what my rights were and if they could legally confiscate my firearm or just ask me to leave the premises? I have not seen any 30.6 signs posted anywhere but I did notice something on thier website that read the following

( Weapons are not permitted on the Arena premises. Weapons found at bag check will be confiscated. Any patron caught with a weapon during an event is subject to early ejection. *Confiscated items will NOT be returned.
*Riverbend Arenas definition of weapons includes but is not limited to the following: knives or blades of any length, metal nail files, chains longer than 6 inches not made of precious metals (i.e. platinum, gold or sterling silver), firearms (authentic or replicated, including toys), clubs or extendable batons, any type of chemical irritant spray, stun guns or Tasers, spiked or studded jewelry, brass knuckle or any other item that could likely be used as a weapon or may cause injury if thrown or used improperly. The only exception to this section of the policy is for credentialed law enforcement officers who have jurisdiction in Oklahoma or are on assigned duty Rogers County or are under the employ of Riverbend Arena at the time of entry. Said officers must be in uniform or identify themselves to Door Security Staff and be cleared by Police officers under the employ of Riverbend Arena prior to entry.)

Katfish

• View Profile
Re: Concealing at a local Sports Arena?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »

IMHO - you should post this query in the "Ask the Lawyers" section............

MIO

• View Profile
Re: Concealing at a local Sports Arena?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »
Check title 21 professional sports don't allow carry. It was covered in the permit course.