Author Topic: Banks posting 30.06  (Read 17775 times)

Neighbor

• View Profile
Banks posting 30.06
« on: June 18, 2016, 04:15:23 PM »
I posted a specific question in the Ask the Lawyers section about this, but there might be some of you out there that are not TLS lawyers but have banking knowledge. My bank recently posted 30.06 and 30.07 quite to my surprise and when I asked about it, it was suggested that it was because of an upcoming banking audit in July. Before I push further into this, I am wondering if the FDIC has new regulations about guns in banks or if they just make the banks feel pressured to exclude all weapons?

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Banks posting 30.06
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:26:11 PM »
Since my original post, I have received a bit more information from the president of the bank after I emailed him. In his 1st reply he said that  the signs "could limit the bank's liability if someone accidentally or intentionally discharged a gun while in the bank." He also made the statement that they were trying to provide the safest possible environment for their customers.
I replied and challenged the last statement by suggesting that the signs actually made a less safe environment for both their customers and their employees. (1) they force customers to disarm both inside the bank and outside between their vehicle and the bank doors, (2) they advertise to the world that not only your customers but also your employees are defenseless. His reply was," I have to agree with your reasoning, but this (the signs) is the recommended course of action for national banks."