Author Topic: 30.06 Signs at City Owned Event Center Managed by Separate Corporation  (Read 2579 times)

• View Profile
Floresville TX owns a community/event center that is managed by an entity named 4A Corporation.  I recently learned (and have since verified) that they have posted both 30.06 and 30.07 notices inside the main entrance.  My understanding of the law is that the 30.06 sign would be invalid/illegal since the center is owned by a government subdivision.  I am willing to go through the removal request process with the city but want to verify that the 30.06 sign is indeed invalid.  I don't know if the fact that the facility is managed by a corporation makes a difference.

Thanks.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 30.06 Signs at City Owned Event Center Managed by Separate Corporation
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 04:31:50 PM »

At TLS we agree with your assessment of the situation in that since the property itself is owned or leased by a governmental entity and not a location covered under either 46.03 or 46.035, the 30.06 and 30.07 signs would be an improper posting. However, there are people that argue when a private party is managing the property, the rules are different (this is the case with the Houston Zoo). We have yet to hear back from the Attorney Generalís office on this specific matter. That being said, we believe this is a situation where your 30.06 complaint should prevail.

switch

• View Profile
Re: 30.06 Signs at City Owned Event Center Managed by Separate Corporation
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:02:45 AM »
I understand that the lessee can 'legally' post but that the sign is NOT enforceable because it's owned by a gov entity.