Author Topic: Am I to understand that the only penelty for carring past a 30.06 sign is a $200  (Read 2241 times)

spanman

• View Profile
Am I to understand that the only penalty for carrying past a 30.06 sign is a $200 fine.

ceejmo

• View Profile
I am not a lawyer but the answer is yes and no. It depends on the facility. See the linked TLS article below.

Unless it is a location specified below, a 30.06 or 30.07 sign violation is a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by a $200 fine only! What’s more, this penalty never enhances no matter how many times you violate the statute, nor does it impact your license to carry.

However,
If the sign is posted at a Hospital, Nursing Home, Amusement Park, Church or Other Established Place of Religious Worship or Meetings of a Governmental Entity it becomes a Class A misdemeanor. In Texas, Class A misdemeanors are punishable by up to a $4000 fine, up to a year in county jail, AND you lose your license to carry for five years (you even lose your license if you cut a deal with a deferred adjudication!). To make matters worse, if you openly carry on college campus property past a measly 30.07 sign, you could be charged with a third-degree felony! Third-degree felonies are punishable by 2-10 years in jail, and/or a $10,000 fine. Additionally, if convicted, you lose the right to purchase a firearm forever, much less carry one!

www.texaslawshield.com/carrying-past-a-30-0630-07-sign-beware/

LucasMcCain

• I am not a lawyer.
    • View Profile
Also remember that if you are discovered carrying past a 30.06 or 30.07 and are given verbal notice, you must leave immediately. Failure to do so is a higher level offense.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Spanman,

The above responses are correct. Please see the references TLS article for a detailed explanation.

www.texaslawshield.com/carrying-past-a-30-0630-07-sign-beware/