Author Topic: Texas Resident LTC and Virginia Non-resident Concealed Carry Permit  (Read 2192 times)

geohaneke

• View Profile
I am a current Texas resident who holds a valid Texas CHL.  I have seen several emails regarding a non-resident Concealed Carry Permit issued over the internet by Virginia.  The Virginia permit is recognized in Nevada, whereas the Texas license is not.  Am I allowed to hold both a Texas CHL and a non-resident Virginia permit at the same time?  How valid are these non-resident permits when in a third state's jurisdiction?  Will my TLS cover me while I am under the Virginia permit? 

Seems like we should make an effort to lobby for some uniformity in carry laws.

Thank you.

kmedcalf

• View Profile
Re: Texas Resident LTC and Virginia Non-resident Concealed Carry Permit
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 08:37:38 AM »
Actually, Nevada honors the Texas LTC as of July 1, 2016. Check out www.handgunlaw.us.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
geohaneke,

It is true that as of July, Nevada now recognizes the Texas LTC.
To answer your original question, each state has their own laws to determine if they will recognize non-resident carry permits as well as if you can possess permits from multiple states. For instance, Texas recognizes non-resident carry permits where as some states like Florida do not recognize non-resident carry permits. Also, Texas does not require you to surrender another permit when you get your LTC, so there is no problem possessing multiple permits.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:38:26 PM by TexasLawShield »

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:23:26 PM »
Kind of wonder if this TexasLawShield answer went with the original question.???