Author Topic: Open carry  (Read 11016 times)

Mikeenzor

• View Profile
Open carry
« on: November 27, 2016, 07:24:11 AM »
Can you open carry in Florida on your own property?

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Open carry
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 03:19:56 PM »
Mikeenzor,

Florida Statutes Section 790.25(3)(n) provides that the prohibitions against carrying a firearm openly or concealed do not apply to a person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business.

Thank you for your question.

jela48

• View Profile
    • J. Edgar Investigation Agency
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »
I am not a supporter of open carry unless you are in the back woods of Alaska. Otherwise keep it concealed if you are a CCW permit holder.

shorthairptr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »
I asked many people last year when the open carry bill in Florida was going through its process. Most people still will NOT open carry. The problem is the CCW law uses the word BRIEF. How can you calculate brief? What does it mean? Its open to interpretation therefore people are getting arrested for having their holstered gun briefly displayed. Do you know in the state of Florida you can get arrested for bending down to tie your shoe and have your holstered gun displayed?

This is why the open carry bill once again is being pushed through its channels. Legal gun owners should NOT be arrested just because their holstered gun is displayed while tying their shoe. I saw holstered because every legal gun owner knows you do not unholster your gun until you plan on using it..