Author Topic: Travel With Handgun in Vehicle  (Read 2344 times)

Ab23

• View Profile
Travel With Handgun in Vehicle
« on: February 06, 2017, 07:41:55 PM »
I live in Texas, where it is legal to carry a handgun in a vehicle without a LTC. However, I'm planning a vacation for Florida in April. I'll be driving there, and would like to bring my gun in my truck with me. I will be going through possibly Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, and then Florida. My question is: would it be legal to carry my gun concealed in my truck for the trip or would I be required to have it cased and unloaded until my arrival there? I'm unsure of the gun laws in other states so I appreciate a reply. Thanks!

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Travel With Handgun in Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
Ab23,

As you can imagine, each state can have different requirements for how firearms must be transported if you do not possess a recognized license. Please call in and speak to a program attorney who can walk you through the requirements of each state on your trip.

jacck321

• View Profile
Re: Travel With Handgun in Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:06:21 AM »
hii
      your  question is about travel handgun in vehicle in texas ,  is it legal in texas . Texas has no laws regarding the carrying of long guns (rifles or shotguns) in motor vehicles. texas does not require a person to have a valid handgun license in order to carry a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:30:54 PM by TexasLawShield »