Author Topic: Moving out of state  (Read 6685 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Moving out of state
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
I lived in Houston for some time and had to move to a different state for school and work purposes. My plans were to move back to Texas after 6 months but it seems life may have other plans for me. Is there a way a family member can send me my firearm or sell it so that they can send me the money to get a new firearm in my current state? Or will I have to go back and do it myself?


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 247
    • View Profile
Re: Moving out of state
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »
I am not a lawyer but this is not the "ask the lawyer" section so I will give my 2 cents worth.

I believe in order for them to legally mail it to you, they would have to have someone in Houston with a FFL send it to someone in your current location that also has a FFL.

As far as selling it and sending you the money, I don't see why that would be a problem as long as they are legal to have the weapon.

If you want a real lawyer's answer, might post this question in the Ask the Lawyers section.