Author Topic: Air Soft Pistols  (Read 3189 times)

shorthairptr

• View Profile
Air Soft Pistols
« on: October 17, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
Air Soft pistols are becoming more & more popular for gun owners as a way to practice (many air soft guns are exact replicas of pistols) much cheaper then going to a range.

What are the laws in Florida pertaining to Air Soft guns? I live in a condo & do not have a closed backyard where I can be hidden.

Someone told me there is a projectile law that forbids shooting a air soft pistol in public but thought better to ask the lawyers then rely on word of mouth..

I am sure many readers also own an air soft pistol so I am guessing your answers will help many readers.

Thanks,
Howard
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Air Soft Pistols
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »
shorthairptr,

Thank you very much for your question. I've passed the question onto one of the independent firearms program attorneys for review and for an answer. The independent program attorneys should have an answer drafted for you soon. Keep in mind, if this is an emergency question, you can always call us here at the office for an immediate response (877)448-6839.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 08:41:22 AM »
shorthairptr,

You must be 16 years or older, to own or fire an Airsoft gun. An Adult (parent or someone with parentsí permission) may supervise a minor. Airsoft guns are toys and therefore are required by federal law to have a bright orange, 6mm wide tip. Removing the orange tip is illegal. Florida law says that the guns can't shoot more than 350 feet per second indoors and 400 feet per second outdoors, if using a fully automatic airsoft gun. If you have a semi-automatic sniper airsoft gun it can have a velocity of 500 feet per second.
There are no laws in Florida which prohibiting shooting air soft guns in public as long as they fall within the above specification.

Thank you for your question.

shorthairptr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
thank you...

With todays society so afraid of guns it seems everything you do (even kids playing cops & robbers) today is scrutinized or illegal. As they say no question is a dumb question so I thought it was better to ask you guys then just to assume..