Author Topic: Moving out of Texas  (Read 316 times)

Bodeneth

• View Profile
Moving out of Texas
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:05:56 PM »
It's beginning to look like, for family reasons, that I will be moving from Tx to Ok in the next couple of months. I have a couple of questions regarding my LTC....

1) Once I move to Ok and get an Ok drivers license, will my LTC still be valid for carrying there....or must I convert my Tx LTC over to a non resident permit? Eventually I plan to get an Ok permit, but I'd like to continue legally carrying during the interim.

2) Will I be able to switch my Tx Law Shield coverage over to US Law Shield for carry in Ok?

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving out of Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »
Bodeneth,

Texas requires you to update your address within 30 days of a move. You can do this online and you will still have a valid non-resident Texas LTC. You may carry in Oklahoma with this license but you should still apply for the Oklahoma license. The Oklahoma reciprocity agreement states, “Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.”

You may contact member services to switch coverage to Oklahoma.

Bodeneth

• View Profile
Re: Moving out of Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
Thank you so much for your time to answer my question !