Author Topic: Handguns in Hotels  (Read 859 times)

can0228

• View Profile
Handguns in Hotels
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:25:21 AM »
I live in PA and I'm going to visit Lancaster County Amish area and stay at a Bestwestern in Intercourse PA. I can't find any online about firearms in the hotel. I have a LTCF but i am not sure if I should call and ask or just carry. It is about 2 hour drive so I don't want to travel and not be able to carry.
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Handguns in Hotels
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »
can0228,

There is no state law or provision that prohibits someone with a LTCF in a hotel under the facts that you describe. The hotel may have a “policy” against guns, but that is not law. The worst case scenario is that, if it discovered that you have a firearm against any such policy, then they can ask you to leave. It does not “cancel” your LTCF simply by their policy. It does not become criminal unless you refuse to leave after they evict you. Common sense rules the day. Myself personally when I stay in a hotel in Pennsylvania that is not in a prohibited place, I just carry it on me all the time concealed as I have a LTCF and just don’t bother to find out their policy one way or another. It only becomes a potential issue, I should think, if you open carry. If you are carrying a rifle or rifle case then just have it accounted for and locked up when you leave the room. As a matter of common sense, I would never leave a firearm or long gun open in a hotel, just like I wouldn’t money or a watch or anything of value.