Author Topic: Carrying past a 30.06 in TX & TX Law Shield's Coverage  (Read 1205 times)

Chasetag87

• View Profile
Carrying past a 30.06 in TX & TX Law Shield's Coverage
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:54:39 PM »
Hello,
I have a quick question regarding TX law and our policy coverage.

So recently, the law changed regarding carrying past a 30.06 from a Class A misdemeanor to a Class C and a fine not to exceed $200 "except where license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035."

It is detailed quite thoroughly in your blog post: https://blog.uslawshield.com/carrying-past-a-30-0630-07-sign-beware/

I understand that our TX Law Shield coverage would not cover us for the Class C misdemeanor case itself. But for those that are potentially accepting that penalty and carrying past a 30.06 and have to use force or deadly force in an encounter, will TX Law Shield still be there to protect us in full?

Best regards,

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Carrying past a 30.06 in TX & TX Law Shield's Coverage
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »
Chasetag87,

We are more than happy to provide coverage for members who find themselves in situations where they are forced to use their firearms in defense of themselves or others, even if it is in a location with a 30.06 sign.  The member must have justification available as a defense.  I spoke to both the founder and President of the company a few minutes ago and they both confirmed this point.

While our Independent Program Attorneys would defend you for charges relating to the use of the gun, there are many other possible charges that could result from being on the property with a firearm criminal trespassing and unlawful carry, to name a couple not to mention the fact that you risk losing state law presumptions and no duty to retreat protection.