Author Topic: Tennessee using Insurance pressure against 30.06-type restrictions?  (Read 388 times)

Halftime Oracle

• View Profile
I heard a rumor that Tennessee had passed a law making business / insurance firms civilly liable (money) in the event of death or injury when disarming-by-sign of concealed-carry holders prior to entry into that business, but also extended release-of-liability protections to the business should they allow CHL holders and an incident by a CHL holder take place in that business (righteous shoot, righteous shoot with innocent bystander injury, Negligent Discharge with injury or property damage, etc.).

Are there any Tennessee attorneys who could comment on and confirm this rumor and talk a little about this provision in the law, please? 

I am from Texas, so it doesn't affect me directly, but it seems like a very good model for any state, including Texas (where I live) to put pressure on businesses not to disarm the most law abiding segment of the entire population and leave them and everyone they are around defenseless in time of attack. 

Thanks.