Author Topic: General Contractor on Public School Property LTC vehicle Carry  (Read 5905 times)

Super11500

• View Profile
General Contractor on Public School Property LTC vehicle Carry
« on: December 20, 2017, 11:29:16 PM »
Please forgive me as this question/scenario has probably been brought up.

I am a superintendent for a general contractor whose projects are primarily for Texas school districts. I have read several posts regarding vehicle carry on school property. I do not ever carry inside school/admin buildings. I would prefer to carry on my person to the district property and prior to exiting the vehicle  lock the handgun in a gun safe permanently affixed to the rear floor board of my truck. Basically I wouldn't open the truck door until the handgun is safely secured.

For the record is it legal for a person with a LTC to have a gun in his/her vehicle secured and out of sight on Texas school district property while there is students on site either in class or attending some extracurricular activity?

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: General Contractor on Public School Property LTC vehicle Carry
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »
Might put this question on the "Ask the Lawyers" part of this forum for an official answer. I am not a lawyer, but as I understand the law, a person with a LTC is legal to have a weapon on school property as long as it is not in a building or where school activities are being held. I don't see a problem with how you have been handling the situation.