Author Topic: Stun Guns  (Read 5860 times)

siggaltx

• View Profile
Stun Guns
« on: February 10, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
Is it legal to carry a stun gun, openly or concealed, without a LTC in Texas? Are they subject to the same restrictions as handguns? Thanks!

mrjlw

• View Profile
Re: Stun Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
If I may extend this question to Tasers as well, that would be great.

We are looking at using tasers along with concealed firearms at our church in light of the recent attacks near San Antonio. I am a Detention Officer and we have to be certified to carry tasers at work. Does having taser certification apply to citizens as well?

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Stun Guns
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 08:09:25 PM »
Following is what the lawyers said in the ASK THE LAWYER SECTION:

The Texas Penal Code does not specifically address TASERs. For that reason, it is legal for you to carry a TASER openly or concealed. TPC 30.06 and 30.07 signs specifically prohibit carrying a handgun, and they do not prevent you from carrying a TASER.

If you are referring to the little church near San Antonio where the gunman shot through the walls before entering and slaughtering most inside, I'm not sure how Tasers come to mind!  Don't get me wrong, I'm totally in favor of concealed firearms in churches but even the most well armed person would have been at a BIG disadvantage in that situation against an AR style weapon.