Author Topic: CO Employee/Employer Car parked on Employers property  (Read 100 times)

DurangoNomad

• View Profile
CO Employee/Employer Car parked on Employers property
« on: February 09, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
Good afternoon,
  This is a big one in these parts.  We are an employ at will state first off.  I get that.  We are also a state where my vehicle is an extension of my home...BUT...it's their property.  I am also a CCW holder so I can carry concealed where legal.  We are also an open carry state.  I lock my vehicle while on company property BUT it's in our policy to not only NOT have a firearm in a vehicle but they have the right to search ANY vehicle at any time for any reason.  To top it all off it's also in our policy (because we have a high-end CNC machine shop on site and several "gunsmiths") that after hours we can bring unloaded firearms (minus ammunition) INTO the shop for conversions, machine work, etc.  Very confusing.  So in the unlikely event, I was searched and/or terminated, what are the laws and/or my rights. 
Grateful for any information.  New to the forum and it rocks!

Katfish

• View Profile
Re: CO Employee/Employer Car parked on Employers property
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »

Well DN I am NOT a Lawyer

And I do dearly miss those wonderful Mountains! (I lived in Denver from '93 - '03)

My very first though: "How far of a walk is it to park on the street off of company property?"

sometimes simple aint so simple but I had to ask..........................

DurangoNomad

• View Profile
Re: CO Employee/Employer Car parked on Employers property
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:40:46 PM »
Believe it or not there's no room anywhere to park off of company property.