Author Topic: Texas Law Shield videos  (Read 4930 times)

yabu

• View Profile
Texas Law Shield videos
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:18:40 AM »
I watched a video put out by Texas Law Shield about what happens when you are arrested.  They say that the police will take you to a detention center and confiscate everything you have on you at the time for "safe keeping".  That includes your cell phone with all it's stored information - including the phone number for your lawyer.  You are left with nothing and unless you have memorized the phone number for your lawyer you are screwed.  Glad I watched that video because now I have to start working on memorizing the number for Texas Law Shield attorneys.  Oh, and I better memorize my membership number too.  They advise this in the video.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Law Shield videos
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 01:52:38 PM »
Thanks for the comment yabu, unfortunately this is true. It may also be a good option to make sure a family member (like a spouse) has access to that information; that way if you need to, you can call the family member who can contact Texas Law Shield on your behalf in the event you cannot. Also, please take the time to fill out your Legal Emergency Plan, as it can be extremely beneficial in circumstances like this.

Aaron

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:58 AM »
I'm glad that it took you watching the video to figure out that when you're arrested, the LEOs will confiscate your belongings after you're taken to the detention center, because who would've thought that huh? I guess you won't be able to play flappy bird in your cell after all..

yabu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:51:35 AM »
Aaron, as a retired LEO I am well aware of what takes place during the arrest and detention procedure.  The intent of my post was to call attention to the useful information contained in the TLS videos available on UTube.  I realize that my post sounded simplistic, naive, and stupid.  Thank you for taking the time to point that out to me.

Aaron

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »
Nah, actually I thought you were trying to be sarcastic and taking a jab at them, sorry  :lol: