Author Topic: Gun Laws and crime corrolation?!  (Read 13256 times)

prayuth01

• View Profile
Gun Laws and crime corrolation?!
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:21:03 AM »
I know this is touchy controversial subject so I am warning people to tone down on the emotion!

But ever since I hear this debate since Australia has stronger gun Laws than the US as a result it is safer, but isn't this simplistic way of looking at it and isn't this just an extreme comparison, what about other comparisons that appear to be in the middle.?

Switzerland has lax gun laws and seems as safe, if not safer than Australia, what do you have to say about that?

So the whole point of me posting this post was to ask people whether the Laws and Crime rate or lack thereof is the result of the laws on guns or are there other factors?

I've always been skeptical of the view that strictness equals lower rates of crime??? ยูฟ่าเบท

Please share your views and experiences and anything else you see fit?

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Gun Laws and crime corrolation?!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure that strict gun laws by themselves do not make a "safer" society - whatever safer means. Morality, stress, & mental status have to be factors. I saw in the last couple of weeks where Britian is now wanting to ban knives because of the knife murder rate  - higher I understand than the murder rate in some of our big cities here. If man is of the mind he wants to kill someone (whether mad at the individual or just wanting to make a point), he will find a way to do that whether it's gun, knife, club, bomb, or whatever (and he probably doesn't care if his weapon of choice is legal or illegal). 

KSMike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 02:51:24 PM »
The first recorded homicide occurred when 25% of the worlds population killed 25% of the population with a stone! Gun laws have no direct correlation to crime rates and homicides. Lack of morality, as well as an intense hatred for your fellow man across the world has caused an increase in crime rates and homicides....

JNicks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 05:55:33 AM »
Not sure if links are allowed here but this link has a short, insightful story about what some Australians are doing to protect themselves.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/02/robert-farago/australians-with-baseball-bats-nail-guns-knuckle-dusters-this-is-what-happens-to-a-disarmed-populace/

This is an older article about baseball bats being in short supply

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/melbourne-crime-baseball-bats-in-short-supply-as-residents-arm-themselves/news-story/70ba38f860f0b2531f58df54ca774bc4

Maybe Australia isn't as safe as the news media wants us to think?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:58:46 AM by JNicks »