Author Topic: Road Rage Shooting  (Read 4970 times)

MIO

• View Profile
Road Rage Shooting
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
http://http://m.news9.com/Story.aspx?story=27158728&catId=112032

I've been keeping up with this story. The basics are that these 2 got into a road rage incident that led to a parking lot. The young guy got a knife and went up to the older guys truck and got shot. Seemed simple- stand my ground law
Problem is in the details as they have slowly come out.
The road rage was continued by both parties.
The shooter openly goaded the shot to approach his vehicle.
The shot was shot 5 times. 3 in the back. 1 shot can be explained and happens often. 3 is excessive without serious explanation.
To the serious explanation. There was none, not even in the trial.
The shooter showed little to no emotion according to the officers. This is odd but I would need to know more about the man before passing judgement on this but nonetheless it worked against him.

Notice I didn't say victim. He looked for a fight and found one. He's not a victim. He is in fact the originator of the incident.

I think this unfortunate story is a good case study. It shows that even with a "stand my ground law" you still need to use sense and control the emotions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Road Rage Shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:12 PM »
Sad situation. Lots of people's lives messed up in this I'm sure. Almost sounds like the shooter might have known or known of the one he shot and was trying to provoke using the road rage situation as a cover. Based on "unlawful use of firearm" he must not have been a concealed carry person I'm thinking. The saying, "don't take a knife to a gun fight" came to mind, but it's still sad for everyone.

Aliraza183

Re: Road Rage Shooting
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:31:09 AM »
IF my door gets kicked in some night do I automatically assume it's the gest... err ATF, or perhaps by happenstance a home invasion?'???