Author Topic: Change of Address  (Read 4904 times)

Ndragonne

Change of Address
« on: December 09, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
We own the home where our CCL's address is; however, we are going to be working out of town (in Texas) for several months, returning to our home on weekends. We have filed a temporary change of address/forwarding order to our rental with the USPS. Do we need to change our CCL address with Texas since it is temporary? I remember being taught that we absolutely need to keep our address current or risk suspension.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Neighbor

• View Profile
Re: Change of Address
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »
might move this to "Ask the Lawyers" part

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »
Ndragonne,

You do not need to change the address on your CHL. It sounds like you plan to maintain your permanent address, and donít intend to permanently change your place of residency, so there is no need to update your address on any of your identifying information. Keep in mind, the address on your driverís license and your CHL must match.

Babblu

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 07:56:47 AM »
When I shipped a gun back to S & W for repair, I used FedX but was told I had to take it to a main office, not just a shipping center or branch location. (In Longview there was only one location and that was downtown) I was using a shipping label provided by S & W but it didn't seem special. I did declare what was being shipped and 1st was told " Oh no" but within 10 seconds of her walking behind a wall and asking someone, the clerk returned and said "OK". The weapon was returned by FedX also.