Author Topic: News letter about unfriendly states  (Read 2911 times)

TXiceman

News letter about unfriendly states
« on: June 13, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
A couple of months back, I had ask the lawyers about carrying a firearm across NY state headed to Main with a couple of stops in NY state.  From what I had read on other concealed forums, NY state was a real problem.  After some correspondence with the Texas law Shield, it was pretty much confirmed that you do not want to take a firearm, even a shotgun into NY state.

Since we are spending the summer in New England, I am traveling naked as I left my handguns in Texas with my daughter.  This is not a good feeling, but I do not want any trouble in NY state.

A couple of forums, said to expect to be stopped with Texas tags on the truck as they feel everyone from Texas must be packing a shootin-iron.

A special thanks for the recent newsletter and discussing travel in firearm unfriendly states.

Ken
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: News letter about unfriendly states
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:00:19 PM »
TXiceman,

You are correct. Unfortunately, not every state shares the same common sense approach to firearms law as Texas. It is unfortunate that you have to travel without your handgun. Once you get used to traveling with your handgun, you certainly feel incomplete without it.

Here's hoping that the legislators in NY regain their common sense soon, though we won't hold our breath.

Thanks for the comment.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »